I'm Going On Holiday!

Over the years, my humans have been on many holidays together. In some ways, this has been great for me. They usually leave me with a pet-sitter and I have made some fantastic friends and had some wonderful experiences during these ‘breaks’. However, I’ve often wished that I could actually go on holiday with my humans rather than being left behind.

So, when I heard that my humans were going away again this weekend, I decided to turn on the ‘charm-offensive’. Imagine my delight when they actually agreed to take me with them. I couldn’t believe it. Although I’ve flown to different countries around the world, this will be MY FIRST EVER PROPER HOLIDAY! I’m soooooo excited!

Apparently we’re going to…Amsterdam. Unfortunately, I don’t know where Amsterdam is. (Has it got a beach?!?).

As I’ve never been on holiday before, I’m also not sure how/what I’m supposed to take with me. Here’s some pictures of me packing my suitcase. ..


First of all, I’m sure I’ll need my (pet) passport. (Like I said, I’ve no idea where Amsterdam is!)


We will be travelling to Amsterdam by car. I’d better take some ‘essentials’ for the journey: some snacks to nibble on; some toys for entertainment; and something in case ‘nature calls’.


I must remember to pack my toiletries. (I’m not sure that I can fit that hair dryer into my luggage???)


Of course, I’ll need a few changes of clothing. I think I’ll pack a collar for every occasion.


A dog can get lonely when he’s away from home. I’d better bring teddy to keep me company at night.


I’m sure there will be a pool in the hotel. As usual, I’ve borrowed Dad’s swimming trunks. (I must have lost weight since the last time I wore them.)


Finally, I intend to have fun, fun, fun in the sun, sun, sun. I won’t forget my sunglasses.


Right, I think that’s everything. (Please let me know if there’s anything I’ve missed.)


Ta-da! I’m finally packed. (I still can’t fit that pesky hairdryer in though!)


Right, I’m ready for the off. I’ll let you know how my holiday went when I get back.