Homer from Roma

As I mentioned in my last blog, my humans recently visited Rome. Apparently they had a great time. While there, they discovered some interesting pieces of ancient art.

As you know, I’m a bit of a ‘culture-vulture’ dog and so I thought I’d share some of my humans’ holiday snaps with you...

Ta-da! This is a marble bust of my namesake, Homer.



This is also a bust of Homer. Apparently, he was a very famous ancient Greek poet. You can read more about him here.



Another bust of Homer. I’m so honoured to be named after such an intelligent and famous man. Funny though, I always thought he looked different from the images on these busts...



... something like this?


Anyway, my humans also took some photos of the busts of Greek Homer’s friends. Here are a few...


This is Pythagoras. Apparently he’s good at Maths. Maybe he can teach me how to count?



Here’s Socrates. He was a very famous philosopher (whatever that is?).



This is Diogenes. He was another distinguished philosopher.


Enough of this arty-farty stuff – my head hurts...

PS: On a totally different subject, I want to take this opportunity to wish Missus a very Happy Birthday. I ‘woof’ you. Lots of sloppy licks from ‘The Real Homer’.