Second time in Florence

In my last two blogs, I told you all about my trip to Rome with Missus and Dad. Well, on the way back home to Lodi, we stopped-off to spend a few nights in Dad's favourite city - Florence. 

This was my second trip to Florence and we decided to stay in the same hotel as last time. To my pleasant surprise, some of the hotel staff still remembered me from my previous visit! I was given a very warm welcome at the Reception. They treated me like a VIP (Very Important Pooch)!

Here I am with Barbara, a booti-ful lady working at the Reception who definitely remembered me from last time. (I think she was quite smitten by me!). Barbara also has a golden retriever - her name is Roubaix!

Our hotel room overlooked the Arno river. Dad found a great place across the river to let me run off leash during our morning walks. Can you see us?

Let's take a look around the city...

Me and Missus with a view down the Arno.

This time, the bridge in the background is the world-famous 'Ponte Vecchio'. We decided to take a closer look...

...and here we are on the bridge itself.

Me and Dad.

Next, we checked out the area around the Duomo.

The buildings in the background (from left to right) are the Baptistry, the Duomo and the Camponile.

Here we are in front if the 'Pitti Palazzo'.

I occasionally stopped to make some new friends. (I'm the golden at the top of the photo).

Back to the sights...

...We finally made our way into the Piazza della Signoria. Behind us are the huge marble statues of Neptune, David and Hercules.


Just in time to look for a pleasant cafe in the Piazza...

...and to stop for a nice refreshing cuppa!

Enough of the still photos. Let me (and Dad) take you on a walking tour around Florence...