Waiting for Spring

Some of you may remember from my blogs last year (here and here) that I'm an avid gardener. So, you won't be surprised to hear how much I'm looking forward to spring when I can put my 'green paws' back to work. In fact, some of my early work is already coming to fruition...

For example, my narcissi are starting to sprout...

...and my crocuses are showing some colour.

As for my snowdrops, well, they're already in full bloom.

But, I'm still not content. I somehow need to 'spice-up' my garden a little this year.

I know, why don't I invite some of my feathered friends to come and visit me?

I set to work on 'hatching-up' a plan...

First, I needed to order some 'supplies' from the RSPB (The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds).

Here they all are unpacked. Man, I'd ordered enough to feed a flock of ostriches!

What a spread!

I had sunflower mix, birdcake, coconut treats, suet balls and plenty of different types of feeders to put them all in.

Before assembling it all, time for a snooze!

I eventually woke up and, after a few hours of assembling the stuff...

...voila! My bird feeding station was all set-up and ready to go!

Now, where the heck are all those birds? I waited patiently (for at least 20 seconds), then I had an idea...

...I decided to take matters into my own paws (or mouth).

"Here tweety-tweety-tweety. Come and get it!"

And, it worked!

First, a blue tit arrived...

...it was soon devouring my 'coconut treat'...

... and my suet balls.

Next, a great tit came along.

Then a robin 'on the wing'.

Here's the robin posing nicely.

Pretty soon, there were birds coming from everywhere to sample my delicious bird-buffet.

I was so proud of myself! I think I'm going to enjoy this spring.

Ciao for now - got to go bird-watching.