Homer in Roma - The Sequel

You may remember that last summer I visited Rome with my humans and my Grandma. Well, I thought it was about time that I made another trip to the 'Eternal City'...

Here I am settling into my hotel room. As you can see, I had my own room adjoining my humans' bedroom.

Without further ado, let me show you my sight-seeing photos.

First of all, we stopped by the Trevi Fountain.

The monument behind me is 'Trajan's Column'.

Here's Missus and me in front of the massive Victor Emmanuel Monument.

Me and Dad on 'The Cordonata' steps, which were designed by Michelangelo. I bet 'George the Lad' wishes he was there - he loves steps! (By the way, I really wanted to have a picture of me with 'Flat George the Lad' on the Spanish Steps as part of his world tour. Unfortunately, we couldn't find anywhere to print his picture. Sorry George!)

At the top of 'The Cordonata' is Michelangelo's 'Piazza del Campidoglio'. Here we are standing in front of the statue of Emperor Marcus Aurelius. Wait a minute... didn't he play a big part in the movie 'Gladiator'? I bet he wouldn't like to have a fight with me...

... see what I mean? "I am Homeus Maximus, still a loyal servant to Missus Caesar and much, much better looking than Russell Crowe!"

Sorry, I got carried away. Back to the sight-seeing...

Me and Dad looking down on the Roman Forum.

Isn't it fantastic?

The structure behind us is the 'Arch of Septimius Severus'.

Next, we made our way down to the Pantheon. Here's yours truly and Missus.

Dad wanted to enjoy a quick beer...

...unfortunately, his quick beer lasted a bit longer than expected! We had to take in the Colosseum by night light.

By the time we reached Piazza Navona, I was 'dog-tired'. (But not as grumpy as this art seller.)

I couldn't wait to make it back to my hotel bed. Night - night. Zzzzz...