Queen's Day

Today was a very important day in Holland. It was ‘Queen’s Day’ or Koninginnedag. This is a very special day for the Dutch people and they treat it as a big party. It is really a celebration of their love for Queen Beatrix.

I was so happy when my humans agreed to take me into Rotterdam centre to enjoy the festivities. The first big adventure of the day was that I got to take my first ever train journey...


Here I am with Dad, waiting for the train. I hope he’s got my ticket.






Shhh...I think it’s coming.






Is this a train?






...and we’re on. Ooohh I’m so excited!






Here I am in Rotterdam city centre. As you can see, there’re lots of people out enjoying themselves. Apparently, the tradition is that you should wear something orange...






Ta-da! So as not to look out of place, I decided to dress for the occasion.





We then decided to take a walk around. It appeared that I wasn’t the only dog in town...




This was the first doggy I ran into.






She was a real grouch. She never stopped barking.






I didn’t get too close to this Rottie. He was busy looking after the stall.






Look at the size of this guy. He started singing as I walked by.






Then I met this young lady. She was dressed for the occasion with a pretty orange bow tie...






...not as well dressed as me though.






Here I am with Dad. It was a long day and time to head home...






...so. Here I am back on the train again.





I had a great day and it was wonderful to see everybody enjoying themselves and dressed up in vivid orange.




For me though, I prefer a multi-coloured look.






Anyway, this is me with my own booti-ful ‘Queen’, Missus.



Tot ziens (see ya!)