The Others

I’d had such an amazing time during the past few days in Vumbura. It was our final day. We packed our bags and I bid fond farewells to the camp staff.

As we drove to the airstrip, I began to reminisce about the marvellous adventures that I had experienced. Of course there were the long periods we spent with the wild dogs, the lions and the leopards. But that does not tell the whole story. There is a huge variety of other animals in the Delta, all of which have their own beauty and are special to me.

A wary Warthog retreating to his burrow.

A Martial Eagle feasting on its kill.

A curious Impala.

A Common Waterbuck…

…just getting up from the toilet seat?

A Hyena. Ugly? No. Beautiful? Definitely!

A cheeky Baboon, resting on a boulder.
Giraffe…

…giraffe…

…and a tower of Giraffes.

Lastly, one of my favourite animals: The Elephant.