Labrador Park. (But not just for Labradors!)

Woof! Woof! Remember I told you about my birthday a few days ago? Well, I wanted to show you some photos of the wonderful outing I had after eating my cake.

Ahem… after all of that cake, I desperately needed to work off some calories. What better place to do that than Singapore’s ‘Labrador Park’.

The park is located at the southern tip of Singapore’s mainland. It has historical significance and is now one of Singapore’s few remaining nature reserves

…The most interesting thing for me though, was the name. Why is it that Labradors get their own park, and not Golden Retrievers???

Anyway, I didn’t dwell on the name, I just decided to carry on with my walk.

The only question was, which way to go?

My first instincts took us down to the waterfront. (You know how I love to swim.)

I pleaded with Dad, but he said it wasn’t safe for me to go in.

So, what to do? After a quick stop to leave my ‘calling-card’, we decided to explore the rest of the park.

As usual, my walkies were interrupted by strangers. This time they were all wishing me a ‘Happy Birthday’.

Pretty soon, there were well-wishers coming from every direction!

I had to find a hiding place - quick!

Fortunately, me and Dad shook-off my ‘entourage’ and headed again around the park promenade.

There were plenty of spots for me to sniff around.

“Mmmmmhhhhh… smells good!”

Unfortunately, all of the sniffing soon got me thirsty. Luckily these ladies were on hand to offer me some water…

…Of course, they had ulterior motives. They also wanted to gain my affections!

Phew! Me and Dad were ‘knackered’ after all of that attention.

It was OK for Dad, but I still had to sit for my portrait shots…

Here I am with the whole promenade to myself…

…and here I am again looking as booti-ful as ever!