Avignon, South of France

I know, I know…it has taken forever, but finally I have a chance to tell you about the last leg of my holiday in Europe with my humans. Following visits to Monaco, Nice and Barcelona we finally started the long journey home to Italy. On the way back, we just had time for one final stopover in the town of…

Avignon in Provence, France.

Avignon is a charming place which is steeped in history…

…For instance, here’s me and Missus in front of the famous Saint Bénézet Bridge (or Pont d' Avignon)

And here I am looking ‘windswept and interesting’ with the city walls in the background

Avignon is particularly renowned for being the home of several popes during the Middle Ages.

Me and Dad posing at the Palais des Popes.

And yours truly with the Notre-Dame des Doms cathedral in the background.

Whilst taking in the historic sights of the Pope’s Palace, something more unusual caught my eye – a giant elephant standing on its trunk. Honestly...

...See what I mean? (I bet you thought I’d been drinking too much French wine!).

The excitement was too much and we had to sit down for the obligatory café lunch.
Alright folks, that's the end of my summer holiday posts. I hope you enjoyed. 

Woof!

P.S.: Dad was touched by all of the birthday wishes he received and he wanted me to send a big 'Thank You' to everyone on his behalf.