Homer's Christmas Card Photoshoot 2010

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Christmas is coming! I love Christmas - I get fantastic snow to play in, wonderful presents for being a 'good boy' (sometimes - he-he), lots of attention from my humans and, not to forget, sumptious food to stuff myself with. However, one of my favourite things about Christmas is the exchange of cards I have with my doggie buddies all over the world. 

I had a real challenge trying to capture the ideal pose for this year's 'Homer's Christmas Card'. Over the past few years I had set my standards pretty high. 

Let me show you some of the 'out-takes' I had to discard before settling on the 'winning' design for this year's card...

Oh-oh! This one wouldn't do for obvious reasons.

The hat was hanging nicely...but look at my 'frosty face'!

Who's a handsome boy? The pose was perfect...but I just couldn't keep that hat on my head a second longer...

...and again.

I was soon sick of the sight of that bloody hat...

...but I just couldn't seem to shake it off!

For a moment, I thought about eating the darn thing, but...

...4,365 attempts later, Missus finally captured the shot which done me justice...


Ta-da. The hat was in place and my face was just...festive!

Having got the shot, Missus set about turning the photo into the traditional Chrictmas card format. Want to see the result...?



Voila! For those who haven't yet received an original version (and those of you who Missus (not me!) forgot to post one to), this one is especially for you. 

I would also like to say a big thank you to all those who sent me a card. They are booti-ful and I will treasure them all! 

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas to everyone! 

Homer